Purchasing a property is most likely the largest financial decision you will ever make. Whether you are looking for your dream home, a rental property, or an expansion of your investment portfolio, this decision must be made carefully and with requisite planning.
YOUR OBJECTIVES: What Do You Want?
Having a clear sense of what is genuinely motivating your purchase and clearly defining your goals and objectives will assist you in making the right choices for you and your family. Here are a few questions to launch the dreaming process:
- Have you outgrown your current home?
- Would you rather build equity in your own home rather than your landlord’s?
- Are schools a consideration?
- Would you like more land either for privacy or various types of activities/projects that require more space?
- Do you want a quieter neighborhood?
- Do you want a more family oriented neighborhood?
- Do you relish the idea of walking to town from your home?
- Do you have a desire to remodel or re-design your dream home?
- Do you want to build your dream home…or, perhaps, a “green” home?
- Are you looking for an investment portfolio?
- Are you looking for a rental property?
- Would you rather live in a different area?
- Do you want to shorten your commute?
- Do you want to own a vacation rental in your favorite part of the country?